1. The seventh annual SAMAs was enjoyed by a sold-out Garage, with over 700 people in attendance, including two massive groups of music business students from The Academy of Music and Sound Scotland and Glasgow Kelvin College. Thank you all for making the SAMAs atmosphere awesome!
2. Another class array of acts have been added to the SAMAs hall of fame including Best Newcomer winner The Ninth Wave.
3. We also took the SAMAs experience across the country this year to reach more music fans in Inverness, Paisley and Perth. Upcoming talents like The Vegan Leather, PAWS, Indigo Velvet and Declan Welsh (pictured) entertained crowds for XpoNorth, Paisley Music Week and Perth Music Expo.
4. 2016 has seen massive success for our previous winners and nominees including sell-out shows, UK tours and hit releases for the likes of Colonel Mustard & The Dijon 5 (pictured) and Fatherson.
5. We welcomed some new additions to the team over the course of 2016. Music student Gary Baird came on board to work with Richy on the SAMAs business development. Fellow music student Alana Hepburn brought live expertise and stage managed #SAMA2016 expertly. Selina Mclean also joined the team to assist Calum with digital content and social media.
6. Our man Calum was awarded the 2021 Culture Award at the Positive About Youth Awards in November in celebration of his hard work and dedication with us. Congrats Calum!
7. We continued to work closely with our main sponsors Rebel Rebel Barbers to make sure they keep giving the sharpest cuts in Glasgow and we deliver the best awards ceremony!
Make sure to visit their new shop at 1143 Argyle Street, Finnieston, Glasgow.
8. We continued our beautiful partnership with citizenM, hosting an industry mixer and our Christmas Party at the stylish city centre hotel. We simply can't think of anywhere better to do our thang!
9. Another successful awards show was fuelled by our drinks sponsor Red Stripe Lager, so damn refreshing.
10. And Vanessa and co from the Han T's played a stunning live set at #SAMA2016...great band, great name.
11. We got ourselves a slick new website, full of tonnes of new music, event listings and news.
12. As well as on our own site, the awards were featured on national media outlets including: BBC The Social, STV News and STV Glasgow, Glasgow Live, Tenement TV, The Evening Times, and The Daily Record. Please take heed of Best Live Act winner Gerry Cinnamon's wise words.
13. We said hello to the new SAMAs HQ, a wonderful office space we utilised to plot the biggest ceremony yet, courtesy of our Best Hip-Hop sponsor 1000.fans. Cheers guys, you are fab!
14. And we welcomed local chef/DJ Jim Gellatly (pictured) back for another year of hosting duties, unless his culinary career takes off we'll be happy to have him back for SAMA 2017!
On that note, we're away for a little break to re-energise and come back bigger and better than ever with SAMA 2017!
Thank you for your support, have a Merry Christmas and a very happy New Year!
- Team SAMAs